Sharing a Screen in a Video Meeting
Asking a user to share their screen during a video meeting can help you view essential documents, intake applications, or webpages. Ask them to follow the steps below so you can see exactly what is on their screen.
- First, make sure you and the user have joined your video meeting. For step-by-step instructions on joining a virtual meeting, read more here.
- Once the user has joined your meeting, ask them to look for the green "Share Screen" button on their control panel.
- They will be asked what you'd like to share. Have them click on the first option "Screen" highlighted in blue. Then click Share.
- They will be able to see that the screen sharing is working because there will be a banner below their control panel that says "You are screen sharing" in green and "Stop Share" in red.
- Make sure you can see their screen and that they are able to navigate still.
- If they want to stop sharing their screen and prevent others from seeing what is on their screen, they can click Stop Share at any time.
To give or request remote control access to virtual meeting attendees' screens, read more here.