Remote Controlling a Kiosk During a Video Meeting
During a video meeting, users can give you remote control of their kiosk. This can be very helpful when helping a user fill out a form or navigate a challenging website. The user can initiate the process and give you remote control. But the easiest way is for you to request remote control which they can then approve.
- First, make sure both you and the user have successfully joined your video meeting. For step-by-step instructions, read more here.
- Make sure that the user has shared their screen in the video meeting. For more information on walking them through sharing their screen, read more here.
- Once the user has shared their screen, you will be able to click on "View Options" in your control panel at the top of the screen. Select "Request Remote Control" from the dropdown menu.
- You will be asked to confirm. When you see the pop-up window asking "Request remote control of Kiosk's screen?". Click Request.
- The user at the kiosk should now see a pop-up on their end that says a participant "is requesting remote control of your screen."
- Ask them to click Approve in blue and you will begin to have remote control of their kiosk.
- Be sure to remind them that they can remove your access anytime by clicking the red "Stop Share" button.