How to Scan
All Model B kiosks include a black and white printer with scan and copy capabilities. This article will outline how to scan forms and documents that you have so you can view or share them by email or during a virtual meeting.
There are two ways to scan your document and get it onto the computer. You can use the Scanner Glass for single-paged documents or the Document Feeder for two-sided or multiple-paged documents. See the table below for instructions on how to scan with either method.
Using the Scanner Glass
Using the Document Feeder
Scanning to the Kiosk
- Load your documents into the scanner using one of the two options detailed above.
- On the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, click the kiosk desktop (the right of the two icons circled in the image below).
- From the kiosk's desktop, click Scanner. This will prompt the scanner window to appear.
- You will see the Lexmark popup asking you to select some options
- Select the shortcut: PDF Grey Scale and click "Next"
- You can configure the size of your document and change the resolution and contrast
- Do not change the default destination for the scanned file. It will automatically appear in the kiosks's document folder
- When you're ready, click "Scan"
- Once complete, your document will be saved in the "Documents" folder on the kiosk desktop. Inside the "Documents" folder, there will be another folder titled with today's date. Your documents will be located there.
Using Your Scanned Document
Once your document is scanned, it will be saved in a folder for you to use. You can attach the document to an email or open it to view or share during a video meeting.
Attaching Your Document to an Email
It's easy to attach a file to an email. You can email to yourself, your attorney, or anyone who might need the document.
- Starting from the kiosk's web browser, open a new tab
- Log in to your email. The most common email provider login portals are listed below. They will open in a new tab so you can log in and still get back to these instructions.
- Attach the file to an email. This will differ depending on which email provider you have.
- When the document selector pop-up appears, select the "Documents" folder and then your file. Then click "Open"
- Your file will now be attached to the email and you can send it to yourself for later or to someone else.
Sharing Your Document in a Video Meeting
To share a document during a video meeting you can open the document and share your screen, allowing other meeting participants to view what is open on the kiosk's screen. Learn how to share your screen during a video meeting.
Getting Back Home
You can always find the main menu wherever you are in the kiosk in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Here you will find some icons.
- Web Browser: this icon will launch our main menu that can connect you with resources, programs, and free legal assistance. You can also use this as a normal web browser to check your email or surf the web.
- Kiosk Desktop: this icon will bring you to the desktop of the kiosk as seen in the first image above. Here you can end a session, start scanning, or launch the web browser.
- Scanner Window: You will only see this if you are scanning.